From charitable trust services that include charitable lead and remainder trusts to having personal trustee representatives and advisors, we ensure that your best interests are our first priority. We will review your current financial situation, future goals, risk tolerance, preferences, tax situation, and time horizon. Together, we will use this information to design the appropriate structure for your charitable trust or charitable gifts.
We can also help you develop integrated investment strategies that are well-conceived,understandable, and work with selected investment managers to accomplish your plan over time. Throughout the process, we will draw upon our firm-wide resources to meet your planned giving needs appropriately.
Value-added trust services such as these from Plante Moran Trust help clients manage their charitable giving programs with the knowledge we’re working in their best interest. Our charitable trust services include:
Experienced, objective, client-focused professionals to handle the simplest to the most complex details and work effectively with outside advisors, attorneys, and accountants:
- Centralized financial asset custody
- Consolidated reporting, record keeping, and quality financial reporting — monthly, quarterly, annual, ad-hoc
- Clear, accurate, and complete disclosure of investment performance and financial results
- Accounting for administrative expenses, including internal investment management fees, critical ratios, and distribution requirements
- Cash management, bill paying, wire transfers, automated payments
- Tax compliance including preparation of tax return, timely filing, and centralized location for tax returns and related reports
- Verification and documentation of tax-exempt status for trust, foundation and grantees
- Distribution of grant guidelines
- Follow-up communication with grantees for annual report and updates
Meeting Facilitation — Planning and conducting effective meetings
- Develop framework and agenda for decision making
- Use of office space, meeting, and conference rooms
- Customization of stationery, reports, print materials, Web site
- Central location for mail, memberships, correspondence, archives, etc.
Defined process of educating and informing board and committee members:
Wealth HorizonTM — delivers consolidated information on all accounts via a state-of-art, secure web site PLUS online collaboration with your Plante Moran Financial Advisors representative to enhance communications, advice, and guidance.